Promise Fastrack 378 S-ATA driver?

Matthew Walburn matt at math.mit.edu
Tue Jan 27 15:49:50 UTC 2004

> I hope you don't mind my e-mailing yor directly. Did you get the
> Promise SATA150/Fastrack 378 S-ATA controller driver working with
> Fedora on the ASUS P4C800-E motherboard?

Not a problem at all!

I did get it working after _much_ fiddling around. I had to build a
driver disk though, and every time a kernel update comes out I have to
manually rebuild the module and the initial ramdisk.

I wish I would have documented it a little better, cause I've sort of
forgotten. I could probably get you an img of the boot floppy I made if
you're interested.

-Matthew

--
Matthew Walburn, RHCE