ALSA problems with recent kernels

Neal D. Becker nbecker at hns.com
Wed Jan 28 19:44:48 UTC 2004

I am testing fedora1 + alsa RPMS (from fedora stable) on recent 2.4 fedora
kernels.

It was working with earlier 2.4 kernels (e.g., original fedora1).  I am
using SBLive, emu10k1 module.

With the most recent kernels, 2.4.22-1.2149, 2.4.22-1.2140, I get a
different result.  As soon as the kernel module is loaded, the card starts
SCREAMING a deafening high-pitched screech!

It's all I can do to edit modules.conf and switch back to OSS before going
deaf.

Needless to say, I sure hope this is fixed before 2.6.  Am I the only
victim?