uninstall

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Wed Jan 28 20:02:31 UTC 2004

Prakash Rao wrote:
> You might want to look at a program called CheckInstall.

Just a quick word of advice. I'd shy away from redistributing the rpms
produced by checkinstall. Checkinstall is a useful shortcut
to fill a need when there is not a prebuilt quality rpm that you can
grab from a repository. But I wouldn't encourage using checkinstall's
level of automation for package building, when you plan to share the
packages with other people. Its worth taking the time to learn how to
package things correctly, if you plan to maintain a package for other
people to use.

-jef"but it sure is useful when you want to install something locally
from a tarball just to play around"spaleta