Re: adding unlisted printers with redhat-config-printer

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:36:37AM -0700, Joe Beach wrote:

> It appears that I first need to add the printer id to the database (I
> don't know which one) or I need to use an existing printer id, which
> could be a bad idea. Any idea of how to add an id to the database?

Oh, that's right, I'd forgotten that.

You can try grabbing the system-config-printer package from Fedora
development and installing it (with rpm -Uvh ...).  That adds the
dummy printer ID -- which isn't as trivial as it ought to be -- and
imports the PPD for you.

Tim.
*/