Installation problem on laptop - SOLVED!

Patrick STODDARD lists at wd9ewk.net
Thu Jan 29 01:32:31 UTC 2004

Hello again!

After a few hours of pondering what was happening to my
ThinkPad i1411, I went to a nearby bookstore hoping to find
a book or boxed set with 3 Fedora install CDs.  I had the 2-CD
set from the Official Fedora Companion by Nick Petreley, which
I was having the problems with that I mentioned in my other
message to this list today.  With the 3-CD set from the
Red Hat Linux Bible (Fedora and Enterprise Edition) by
Christopher Negus, I was able to get through the install and
now things are working very well.  If I had a faster Internet
connection at my office I would have just downloaded the ISO
images and made my own CDs, but I wanted to get this working
today rather than tomorrow.  :-)

Compared to my previous RH9 install, I have ended up with about
600Mb more free space with Fedora than with RH9 - a good thing,
with a 4Gb hard drive.  I don't have any statistics to back
this up, but to me FC1 runs a little faster than RH9 did.  So
far, so good.......

Patrick Stoddard - Phoenix AZ