kernel headers - where to put?

cdrobsonjr at netscape.net cdrobsonjr at netscape.net
Thu Jan 29 07:22:12 UTC 2004

I have used up2date to get the latest released kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
and my nvidia video driver no longer works.
I downloaded the latest version of nVidia's shell installer program,
but it complains of not having "precompiled kernel interface".
It offers to try and get one from its own site, but when I say, yes,
and it tries, it does not find one that matches my level of kernel.
up2date also installed the latest kernel-source and kernel-docs, but
apparently does not get the latest kernel headers??  I did a search
and only found the original kernel headers (2115).
So, anyway, I went to download.fedora.redhat.com and got the kernel
headers (both athlon and i686), but I don't know the appropriate
spot in the directory tree to put them so that they will be found
by nVidia's install shell script.
Anyone shed some more light on this subject for me?  I want to get
X running again on this new kernel.  I'm having to post this with
windoze <shudder>.
Thanks,
Doug

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.