kernel headers - where to put?

Matt H. helios82 at optushome.com.au
Thu Jan 29 12:25:37 UTC 2004

See my reply at nvnews.net.

> up2date also installed the latest kernel-source and kernel-docs, but
> apparently does not get the latest kernel headers??  I did a search
> and only found the original kernel headers (2115).
> So, anyway, I went to download.fedora.redhat.com and got the kernel
> headers (both athlon and i686), but I don't know the appropriate
> spot in the directory tree to put them so that they will be found
> by nVidia's install shell script.
As long as you have matching version numbers for kernel and
kernel-source packages, you should be fine. Check with the commands
Alexander Dalloz gave you. And you don't need to "insert" anything into
the directory tree. The RedHat Package Manager (RPM) takes care of that
for you.

--
Matt