Metacity

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Fri Jan 30 00:26:22 UTC 2004

Perhaps it was a poor implementation. Enlightenment?  Sawmill?  Can't
remember which, I just remember a lot of bouncing back and forth and
back and forth and back and forth between desktops without meaning to
switch desktops at all.  As I recall, if you hit the right hand border
it would kick you to the next window and if you did not imediately move
the mouse to the right it would blink you back, and then if you did not
immediately move the mouse to the left, it would kick you back to the
right and and then you didn't know which way to move the mouse at any
given instant and... and... and... Norman! Coordinate!

The switchdesk comment was a joke.  However,  KDE does have at least
some of the features you are asking for.  I love the simplified Gnome
2.4, but Meaticty could probably do with a few more features.  Always on
top really would be nice at times.