IPTABLES doesn't work

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Jan 30 12:38:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 01:53, smoothmilk wrote:
> Michael Kearey <mutk at iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> "What do you think 'eth0 trusted' means ?
> Again I suggest you think about what you are doing. 'eth0 trusted'
> means trust anything coming to eth0. You have opened up any packets
> comming to eth0 to be allowed."
>
> I had no idea what 'trust eth0 means', and that's why im here asking for
> help ;)

For future reference, it's usually not good practise to claim a
particular program "doesn't work" when you're asking for help.  You
might find this enlightening, and if you adhere to it, it will certainly
save you from receiving a lot of static the next time you "ask for
help":

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca