Problem with instruktions from sensors-detect

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jan 30 15:26:10 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 30.01.2004 schrieb Johan Nilsson um 16:13:
> I try to activate lm_sensors and run: sensors-detect. And I have some
> problem and questions..
>
> 1) I wounder were i may find which modules that already are loaded in the
> kernel? I said yes, for every thing because I think that the only wrong may
> be overestimation of values?
>
> 2) Then i almost enden the running I get the instructions to add some
> lines. I found /etc/modules.conf and enter the requested lines "alias
> char-major-89 i2c-dev" to the plain-text file as modules.conf are,
> according to konqueror.
>
> But I don´t know that they mean with "To load everything that is needed,
> add this to some /etc/rc* file:"
>

> I have four file beginning with rc in /etc/:
>
> rc,  rc.local,  rc.news,  rc.sysinit.
>
> and directory: rc0.d  to rc6.d and rc.d.
>

> All four are all Shell Script and When I try to enter them using Konquer as
> "File Manager -Super user mode" I can´t enter. The directory also changes
> from /etc/ to /etc/rc.d?? or my computer reboot. :oI. I am very new at
> linux...but i suspect that I am not suposed the edit shell script..but the
> only files that beginn with rc, are shell-script in /etc/ and the files in
> the directory begging with rc* are shell script.
>
> I also attach a .txt file from my running of sensors-detect.
>
> Thanx for any help /Johan.

One thing, which you did, is to set the alias entries in
/etc/modules.conf. The other, for which you ask, is to add lines to
/etc/rc.local - a script file which is executed once during boot up -
like following:

modprobe i2c-dev
modprobe i2c-isa
modprobe i2c-viapro
modprobe w83781d
/usr/bin/sensors -s

At the top of /etc/rc.local you find some commenting lines.

(/etc/rc.d/rc?.d/ are the runlevel directories)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 16:22:15 up 1:37, 3 users, 0.26, 0.12, 0.10
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]