Easy path to MySQL4??

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 30 21:49:21 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Fr, den 30.01.2004 schrieb Stephan Matthiesen um 20:38:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2004 15:55 schrieb Andre Costa:

>>..
>>

>>>Maybe this helps: http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/mysql
>>>

>>This is very useful, thanks.
>>
>>But I'm curious WHY there is no MySQL 4.0 in Fedora? 4.0 has been around for
>>quite a while, and it seems to me many users would like the new features. So
>>are there any technical problems or what's the reason for not having MySQL 4
>>in the Fedora distribution?
>>
>>Cheers
>>Stephan
>>

>This question was so often discussed right now in this list, you should
>have found the answer easily in the archive. It's still an open license
>question.
>
>Alexander

Not to start up the discussion again, I understand why RH can't include
it in RHEL but I can't understand why it can't be included in Fedora..

Anyway it doesn't matter if I have to download it seperately as long as
I can get it to run.. The new features are critical to the performance
of the system I am putting together..

Later..