KMail and PgP

Dennis Gilmore dennis at dgilmore.net
Sat Jan 31 00:09:09 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Saturday 31 January 2004 8:22 am, Charles Howse wrote:

> I found http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
> Is this the definitive HOWTO for signing email in KMail, or is there a
> better reference out there for KMail in FC1?
>
> I'm not opposed to compliing the software as the above page indicates, but
> I have a "Personal Desktop" installation of FC1, and wonder if I have the
> compiler installed?

the packages you need are in the fedora.us repository. you dont need to
compile anything.  you just need to set it up.  and yes to sign you dont need
the plugins  but if you want to verify anyones signatures you do need it.  i
personally use the plugin for both signing and checking signatures

Dennis