CPU Temp under lm sensors

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Sat Jan 31 05:04:38 UTC 2004

Mike Chambers wrote:

>I was wondering if this temp reading was inline with what it was suppose
>to be or how to find out?

There is a file, /etc/sensors.conf, which has algebraic formulas in it
for converting the raw numbers which the i2c modules return to
temperature, fan speed, and the like.  These formulas are specific to
your motherboard manufacturer.

I was lucky.  Tyan has released official versions of /etc/sensors.conf
for at least some of its motherboards.  Check with the manufacturer of
yours, or do a Google search on "+your_motherboard_manufacturer
+sensors.conf"

Stephen Walton
stephen.walton located at csun dot edu