Cisco VPN Client on FC2

Rich Renomeron renomero at toad.net
Tue Jun 8 02:46:03 UTC 2004

I have version 4.0.3 of the Cisco VPN client, and it seemed to install
fine (including compiling the necessary modules) under FC2.  However,
when I try starting the "vpnclient_init" service, it barfs like this:

[##root at pooh## /etc/xinetd.d/] /etc/init.d/vpnclient_init start
Starting /usr/local/bin/vpnclient: insmod: error inserting
'/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.358/CiscoVPN/cisco_ipsec': -1 Invalid module format
Failed (insmod)

Googling turned up nothing other than an unanswered post on LKML in
April.  Searching this list didn't turn up any discussion of this
problem.  Any idea what's going on here?  (Even explaining what might
cause an "invalid module format" might help.

Thanks,
Rich

--
 From the Desktop of Rich Renomeron