Can I share a modem with a windows machine?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Jun 15 14:43:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Marco Göbenich wrote:

> A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> > How can I share a modem with a windows machine?
> >
> > I tried the Samba docs, but I can't find anything about modems?
> > Does anyone have pointers how to accomplish this?

<SNIP>

consider attaching the modem to the local network rather than to either of
the hosts.

something like:

http://www.actiontec.com/products/modems/dual_pcmodem/dpm_overview.html

or since I presume what you're trying to do is get both machines online at
the same time is have one machine nat for the other...

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu