linux hogging memory

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 23:28:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 07:23:05AM +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:

 > > > Upgrade to 2.6.6 if you can. Things are better there and FC1 can handle
 > > > 2.6.x out of the box (that is, no need to upgrade module tools and
 > > other > stuff)
 > >
 > >Except for you needing to pass vdso=0 on the boot command line.
 >
 > ???
 >
 > What's that?

There's an incompatability between the vsyscall code in the FC2
kernels, and the glibc in FC1. The fix is to either upgrade glibc
(painful -- might as well just go to FC2), or disable the vsyscall
code with vdso=0
This isn't necessary for upstream kernels btw.
I lost the beginning of this thread, so I'm unsure you meant
the FC2 kernels or upstream kernels.

		Dave