FC1 -> FC2 Update: DISASTER!!! - (not really)

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jun 4 22:07:43 UTC 2004

I don't think that going from FC1 to FC2 is that deadly. I did have the
below problems.

1) error with XKB -- solution to edit xorg.conf
2) acpid error - solution to run "up2date acpid", then after program
installed, run "service acpid start" (could have rebooted, acpid added
to services to be started on system startup.)
3) Many errors with 3rd party programs needing removed from one source,
then reinstalled from another repo libraries and all. (multimedia)

Other than those problems, it was successful to upgrade, IMO.
With the new 2.6 kernel, different X server, new GNOME, KDE, scanner
module not included with kernel 2.6 and "alsa vs. OSS", this is a great
release.

I do think that my clean install system was the best setup version.
Fresh installations seem to have lower problems, no old config files to
worry about.

Jim

--
Generosity and perfection are your everlasting goals.