NFS4 startup error - RPC MTAB not found ??

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Thu Jun 17 12:06:08 UTC 2004

Reverted back to the Fedora Core 1 RPM and all works as before. Clients
can now mount NFS exports.

1. rpm -e nfs-utils

2. Get nfs-utils-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm from a Fedora Core 1 repository

3. rpm -Uvh nfs-utils-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm

4. service nfs start

Anybody had success with the Fedora Core 2 version (nfs-utils
1.0.6-20.i386) ? Obviously I am missing something with the
authentication because the clients get the following error.

mount: 1.1.1.1:/var/nfsmount failed, reason given by server: Permission
denied