Custom kernel 2.6.6-1.435 build fails with Power Management options

Kevin Flynn flavor_tagger at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 20:12:30 UTC 2004

I'd like to play with the kernel's suspend-to-disk feature, so I'm trying to
build a custom kernel using kernel-sourcecode-2.6.6-1.435.

When I enable either the CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND or CONFIG_PM_DISK
power management options, the kernel build fails with with the following
errors, respectively:

arch/i386/power/built-in.o(.text+0x1b4): In function `pmdisk_arch_suspend':
: undefined reference to `swsusp_pg_dir'
arch/i386/power/built-in.o(.text+0x263): In function `do_magic':
: undefined reference to `swsusp_pg_dir'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

Any ideas?  Other people have been discussing suspend-related stuff on this
list, so I
imagine I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

p.s.  Here are relevant lines from my kernel .config file:

#
# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
#
CONFIG_PM=y