Best AntiVirus for Fedora Core 1

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Wed Mar 31 17:19:21 UTC 2004

Chalonec Roger wrote:

>Thanks for the reply.
>
>My users are very unsophisticated.  I would like to be able to scan the
>uploaded file but do not know if ClamAV or another can detect viruses on
>FTPed files, especially if the file is infected with a Windows virus but
>stored on a Fedora server.

Check out f-prot:       http://www.f-prot.com

They have versions for *nix and Windows. On the linux server, you could
have a cron job that runs f-prot on the ftp directory every 10 minutes,
or so. On the Windows client side, f-prot runs a 'Real Time Protector',
and if the user tries to access a known virus, Real Time Protector will
pop up a window letting the user know the file contains a virus.