vsftpd connection problem.

Arindam Dey adey at komnas.com
Mon Mar 1 05:17:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 15:12, Bob Hartung wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have a little ftp server set up on a home network.  I keep getting
> the following error when
> I try to connect.
>  "vsftpd refusing to run with writable anonymous root"
>
> The /var/ftp/pub directory is owned by user ftp and group ftp.

And the above is your problem. It should *not* be owned by "ftp" nor
writable by user "ftp". Change the ownership.

Dude did you even try searching using google. Good that you read the
manual and all but there is another excellent search utility GOOGLE.

[URL may be wrapped]
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=vsftpd+refusing+to+run+with+writable+anonymous+root&btnG=Google+Search

See the second link pointing to a beautiful faq at vsftpdrocks.org.

Please use google before posting rudimentary questions on the mailing
list.

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be
filled but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739