RH ES2.1, how to upgrade to kernel 2.6?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon Mar 1 22:23:35 UTC 2004

Because my company relies on a proprietary piece of software that
requires oracle 9, and oracle 9 is only support on rh es 2.1 from our
vendor.  but since this server will soon be our primary server, the tape
drive autoloader will be on it, and I need large file support for samba
so I can transfers the backups from the other servers to this one to
write to the tape.  I was able to get all of the rpms I needed updated,
I foudn what I needed on rpmfind.net.  But kernel 2.6 still won't compile :(