RH ES2.1, how to upgrade to kernel 2.6?

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon Mar 1 23:11:17 UTC 2004

We use a proprietary piece of software called Exlibris Aleph (library
cataloging software) and it uses Oracle 9 for its database.
Unfortunately, Exlibris tells us they only support RH ES 2.1 because
thats what Oracle supports, and what Exlibris's code will compile
against.  We originally tried RH9 and even after extensive modification
of their code, they couldn't get it all to compile correctly.  Our
server with the large RAID array is this server, and the only server we
have with a large enough RAID array to temporrarilly hold the backups
while they are written to tape.