DVD install

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Tue Mar 2 06:22:08 UTC 2004

While browsing the list I found quite a few posts concerning DVD
installs.  After quite a few attempts I was able to make the proper
iso.  On the off chance this will help someone, here's what I did.
First of all get the script at
ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh

I copied the iso's and the script into a directory. The first time I ran
it I got an error about not finding an anaconda-runtime file.(I forget
the name. It sounded like it is used to add the md5sum to the image). A
quick "yum install anaconda-runtime" solved that problem.

With two terminal windows open I could see the script creating the
directories for the image as well as the final image in ~/mkrhdvd.
However the script would then delete everything in that directory
without leaving my output file. When I specified the absolute path to my
output file it worked great.

So if the iso's and script are in the same directory, cd to that
directory and the following ought to work:

sh mkdvdiso.sh `pwd` `pwd`/outputname.iso

I ran this as root, but that might be unnecessary.  Also note that those
are back-quotes not single quotes. I hope this helps someone, but if not
it was good just to figure it out :)

Wayne Steenburg