k3b copy problems

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Tue Mar 2 16:48:46 UTC 2004

Having seen the virtues of k3b extolled in the forum, I decided to give
it a try. It works fine for creating a cd from scratch. However, when I
try to copy a cd, I get errors that seem to be related to this message:

   No support for ATAPI with cdrdao
   You will not be able to use all your reading devices as copy
   sources   since there is at least one not configured to use
   SCSI emulation and your system does not support ATAPI with
   cdrdao.
   Solution: The best and recommended solution is to enable
   ide-scsi (SCSI emulation) for all devices. This way you won't
   have any problems.

Using Google, I never found a definitive answer to this. The best
suggestion seemed to be to include a directive in the grub.conf. When I
looked, I seemed to already have this directive:

   title Fedora Core (2.4.22-awr1)
     root (hd0,9)
     kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-awr1 ro root=LABEL=/12
     hdc=ide-scsi rhgb
     initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.22-awr1.img

Which seems to matche what I see in dmesg:

   hdc: attached ide-cdrom driver.
   hdc: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
   hdd: attached ide-cdrom driver.
   hdd: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache, UDMA(33)

I'm now lost. Could someone help me out with the correct configuration?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson