Apache: how to read .phtml files?

Bryan Encina bryan.encina at valleypres.org
Tue Mar 2 16:51:18 UTC 2004

>Hi,
>
>I have Fedora Core 1 and Apache version 2.0.47 on my PC and try to install
Wikipedia website. >.Everything goes OK, except: "register_globals"  must be
"on" (I suppose on my system this is off) and when I try to open website
with .phtml extension (wiki.phtml) all I can see on my browser is the code
of this page (text). What can I do to make Apache "do" his job right and web
goes OK on browser?

>Thanks.
> Vlado

Add the handler for .phtml files so that they get parsed by PHP.

In your httpd.conf look for a line that looks something like:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

and add .phtml to the end of it so that it looks like:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

restart apache and it should work.

HTH,
-b