Up2Date Channel

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Tue Mar 2 19:39:04 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 02.03.2004 schrieb Ali-Reza Anghaie um 20:15:
> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 14:07, Mike wrote:
> > When running up2date i receive this message "this system may not be
> > updated until it is associated with a channel. Is there any way to fix?
>
> You have to goto rhn.redhat.com and associate your system profile with a
> given channel (e.g. Red Hat 9)...
>
> Is this Fedora or a RHL release? -Ali

Please do not confuse people.

This is the fedora-list, so I guess the OP is using Fedora Core. There
is not need to register, visit rhn or something similar in fedora,
trying to register will even break the setup.

William already explained what to do, in addition I'd like to recommend
Alexanders article @
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

Christoph