I'd like to stick with RedHat...

Jim Lemon jim.lemon at uts.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 01:42:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

After quite a few years of using RedHat, I bought the Enterprise 3 WS
distribution and installed it on a Dell Dimension desktop. I had been running
RedHat v7.2 and it was, as usual, performing excellently. I was also planning
to install it on my Web server, also running v7.2.

However, the result was abysmal. Many of the applications didn't work
properly or didn't work at all, Tcl-Tk wasn't there (although I eventually
did manage to find it on one of the CDs - the Enterprise package system is
pathetic), the USB ports disappeared and in the end, I simply had to
reinstall v7.2 to get anything done. I didn't dare try installing on my Web
server.

As the subject line says, I'd like to stick with RedHat - it's been very good
to me over the years, and I'm wondering if the Fedora stuff is continuing
what I thought was the RedHat tradition of usability.

Thanks for your patience and any advice you can provide.

Jim

Dr Jim Lemon
Health Psychology Unit
University of Technology, Sydney

Feel free to ignore any garbage beneath this line.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.