Interchanging GNOME and KDE

roger2 roger2 at rogernet.net
Wed Mar 3 16:00:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:14:20 +0530, Kaustubh Ghosh
<meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net> wrote:

> Well,I recently upgraded to Fedora Core 1 from  RedHat Linux 8.
> Now,I find I cannot interchange between GNOME and KDE from
> the graphical boot  screen.I can change to Failsafe though.Whatever
> else I choose everything works fine except I logon only to the default
> session.I can change the default session though from inside.
>
> However,from text mode the 'switchdesk' utility works perfectly without
> any
> problem.
>
> I also had 'xpde' as a alternative desktop but after upgrade I cannot
> find it as an option at the boot screen even though my previous
> configurations remains intact.Also now my 'kword' doesnot run and I am
> logged
> out if I try to run 'xine'.
>
> Can I get any help?
>
> My computer is generally used for desktop work.

Hi I'm not at a Fedora machine to check but you should find the switch
desk app under one of the menus.
I might be in the extra items menu.
But if I remember right you make your change log out and then log in again
and it changed.
I used it to change from Gnome to KDE just after I installed fedora.
Regards Roger