SCSI problem - Adaptec AHA-2940UW adapter in Compac Professional Workstation AP200

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Wed Mar 3 19:01:06 UTC 2004

Dear Johnny,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnny Smith" <opensource_powered at yahoo.com>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 1:54 PM
Subject: SCSI problem - Adaptec AHA-2940UW adapter in Compac Professional
Workstation AP200

| When installing Core-1 on this box I get these
| messages 'initially during Boot Up'
|
| Scsi-ID 1 HP
|
| SCSI Bios'not installed'
|
| I have an HP Scanjet 4P  attached to this box.
| and SANE cannot find the scanner
|
| I'm not really conversant with SCSI.. and am not
| sure what I have to do next to deal with the
| SCSI Bios'not installed'  problem or
| exactly what the machine is telling me?

The SCSI BIOS 'not installed' message is OK.  The SCSI BIOS is only needed
if you have a bootalbe hard drive on the SCSI bus.

| Can someone give some direction?

First, check to be sure that the SCSI card is detected by the OS and drivers
are loaded.
Look at 'dmesg' command and what it reports about the SCSI device bus and
what drivers are loaded for the SCSI card.