Samba What a struggle

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Wed Mar 3 19:31:59 UTC 2004

Im having problems also, in particular with sharing a a printer on the
linux box that is running the samba server. Ive done this before with rh8
and the lp printing system, but I can't for the life of me get the printer
to share on fc1 with cups. No problem sharing drives/directories though,
just problems with the printer. Has anybody managed to get this going and
if so would they mind if they emailed me an example of their smb.conf and
cupsd.conf files?

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:42:56 +0200, Chris Botha <jcbotha at cedar.org.za>
wrote:

> Dear Fedora users. I am having my days with Fedora setting up Samba. I
> work according to the manuals and follow the basic instructions but with
> no hope. It refuses me to access the server.
>
> The things that I set was : Workgroup, server string, password with
> unix=yes, etc. Well I cant get it to ask for my password and username to
> grant me access to the server. Got any suggestions or settings that I
> should look at?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Chris

Did you make sure you set an smbpassword for the user? (/usr/bin/smbpasswd)

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Stonier