PCMCIA problem

Fernando J. Vargas fvargas at fjv.homeip.net
Fri Mar 5 01:00:41 UTC 2004

Sorry if this has been asked already 1000 times... but here it goes.

I have just installed Fedora Core 1 as a clean install in a Vaio Laptop
and i cant get my wireless pcmcia card to work.
It simply does not recognize any type of pcmcia card, cardmgr doesnt
even do the beep thing its supposed to do.

I checked the services application and it seems that the pcmcia service
is running but also gives me a status that reads that cardmgr is
stopped.

Please give the noobie answer as i only have been using linux for about
a month.

bashing allowed as long as there is also something usefull in the
message :P

thanks,

fjv.