About the language

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Fri Mar 5 17:42:39 UTC 2004

Uttered edwardspl at ita.org.mo, spake thus:

> If I want to change the language to chinese ( example )...
> So, how to config the setting ?

Use the locale(1) program to see the i18n locations available on your
system.  I don't have chinese on my system, but suppose we wanted
US English:

	# locale -a | grep en_US
	en_US
	en_US.iso88591
	en_US.iso885915
	en_US.utf8

Then just edit "/etc/sysconfig/i18n" so that it looks like this:

	LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
	SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
	SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

I don't know the proper SYSFONT for any other language; you'll have
to find that yourself.

After making this change, I would reboot, but probably just logging
out and logging back in would work as well.

Happy editing!