yum repositories slow?

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fedora.1.90 at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 7 20:44:21 UTC 2004

thedogfarted wrote:

> yum was very slow for me today too although i use only mirrors
>
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
>> Am So, den 07.03.2004 schrieb Swamper um 20:12:
>>

>>> It took almost 24hrs to do the initial update on my laptop
>>> (Vaio) after installing Fedora in just the basic mode without
>>> any server packages or anything and it only took around 2hrs to
>>> download all four CDs.
>>

>> And you really make use of mirror server(s) as source?
>>
>> Alexander

The main problems I faced, was some depencies problems, but I am using
the development version. That is why I left out the -debuginfo part, I
was in a hurry, my system had crashed and I wanted to be back again in a
jiffy.
It took me less then 2 hours for the (now) about 2900 updates.
The coming week I will be in the hospital, so my computer willbe offline
then.

--
Peace is everywhere
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl