Missing footer on Html messages.

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Sun Mar 7 22:08:14 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-03-07 15:46, Roger Beever whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>This is not intended to start the HTML thread up again but I have just
>noticed that messages sent in HTML do not get the the usual footer
>attached by the system.
>Regards Roger

If you mean the Kyle Harris "unsubscribe" mail, look at the message
source.  The usual footer text is there, right at the end.  But, it's
just appended, not incorporated into the multi-part MIME structure.
Therefore, it's invisible to most modern mail readers that understand
MIME.   Just like that infamous "This message is in MIME format. Since
your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this
message may not be legible." that's tacked on to the front, outside of
the MIME content.

--
Fritz Whittington
Slow but sure moves the might of the gods. (Euripides, The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.)