Confirming EOG bug

Bart Martens bart.martens at chello.be
Tue Mar 9 09:21:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:58, Dexter Ang wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:42, Bart Martens wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 08:14, Dexter Ang wrote:
> > > Steps are:
> > > 1. Open 2 or more images using Eye of Gnome. (Separate loaded windows)
> > > 2. Zoom out of any one of the images (using the "-" toolbar button)
> > > Results:
> > > On my computer, all the images disappear, leaving just the windows open.
> > > Can anyone else confirm this?
> >
> > I don't have this problem on Fedora Core 1 with eog-2.4.0-1. What
> > version are you using?
>
> that's the same version i have.
>
> have you tried it a few more times. it's not exactly "always
> reproducable" but you can probably do it 9 out of 10 times. i have to
> zoom out about 2 times before it happens. just doing it once doesn't
> work.
>
> plus i tried it with png, the bug doesn't seem to show up. only zooming
> out of gif and jpg does the bug show up.

I was testing with png files. Now I re-tested with these jpg files of
the package desktop-backgrounds-extra-2.0-18:

  /usr/share/backgrounds/images/flowers_and_leaves.jpg
  /usr/share/backgrounds/images/dewdop_leaf.jpg

I zoomed in and out several times, but I cannot reproduce the problem.

Maybe some package eog uses differs. So I did a "yum check-update", and
saw that my system is fully up to date with base and updates-released.
Is your system fully up to date?