Why FC-2?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Mar 9 10:27:53 UTC 2004

Hamilton, David wrote:

>I can certainly see that a fresh install of FC2 would be better than
>upgrading from FC1, but what about going between test releases and the
>final release?
>I have been very happily using yum on my FC1 system, and would be happy
>enough to start using FC2 Test1 on my laptop if I knew that I could
>update it to FC2 Final just using yum later on.
>
>	D.

The upgrade from test versions to FC1 wasn't supported... and looks like
this is not going to be supported officially in FC2 also...
For me this is not a problem , because I'm adept of reinstalling the
system at every OS release (or when others OSes start to do bad things..).
But I strongly recommend that you install FC2t1 on a different partition
and leave FC1 alone. I'm doing this , because I need to have a working
and stable system to do my programs .

--
Pedro Macedo