Why FC-2?

Christofer C. Bell cbell at jayhawks.net
Tue Mar 9 20:02:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:15:01 -0500, Neil Derraugh (UW) wrote
> I concur.  And iterate the idea of upgrading FC-1.
>
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
> >I'm not entirely clear why it is necessary to have a new distribution.
> >There doesn't seem anything very revolutionary in it,
> >so why not just go on upgrading FC-1?

Because Fedora Core 1 is not a "work in progress" it is a "release."  It is
being updated with security fixes, bug fixes, and very very seldom (and only
with compelling reason) feature updates.  It is not meant to be nor should
it be a moving target.  The Fedora Core 1 you install 2 years from now
(unsupported of course!) should be the same Fedora Core 1 you install today,
it should be the same Fedora Core 1 you installed the day it was released.

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown