MS Intellimice optical 'shutting down' anyone?

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Wed Mar 10 15:05:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:26:20 -0500
Wade Chandler <wchandler at redesetgrow.com> wrote:

> It could be that your mouse driver is having issues now.  Not that X
> server is actually having a problem.  Did you perhaps get your driver
> changed for some reason or another?  Have you reconfigured your mouse
> driver?  Change it to a generic mouse (ps/2, usb, serial
> respectively).
>   Then change it back to the correct driver.  Maybe play with it as a
> generic mouse and see if it happens again.  Then if it doesn't change
> it back to full driver and see if it still happens.  If it still
> happens you may want to track down the driver author and file a bug.

I am currently using IMPS/2 protocol; I might try plain PS/2 to see if
things improve. I will however keep using "nv" driver today (with IMPS/2
protocol) to see if mouse doesn't fail.

If it doesn't, I might consider downgrading NVidia driver, since it will
be my next suspect (however, I might say in its favor that it was
working perfectly before last XFree upgrade).

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa