XP/ FC1 on inspiron 5150

Pierre De Boeck pierre.deboeck at skynet.be
Wed Mar 10 21:33:17 UTC 2004

	Hi again,

I am still in the process of "asking questions" for installing
FC1 in dual-boot with an already installed XP.

To recap my system:
- Dell Inspiron 5150
- 512MB DDR333
- HDD 60GB. XP is installed on a 25 GB partition
and I plan to install FC1 on the rest.
- nvidia GEForce FX 5200
- broadcom 440x 10/100 NIC
- miniPici wireless 802.11g
- ACPI
- USB mouse
- CD-RW/DVD

After some reading, it seems that I have to get
drivers from nvidia, broadcom plus an ACPI patch
and some kernel recompilation will be needed.

So my questions:

- is the 3 ISO FC1 cds are enough to recompile the kernel
or I need some extra packages. In other words, do these CDs
contain the kernel soures plus the gcc and all the related
stuff.

- what is the general step-by-step procedure to recompile
a kernel.