samba Problem

Mario St-Gelais legrimpeur at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 11 20:51:58 UTC 2004

Ryan Duff wrote:

> First thing I would do is change security to "user" and make sure you
> have a smb user created that matches the user/pass of your account on
> your laptop. Add anoter variable to the global section "valid users =
> (your username)" and add it again under your share. I had that problem
> at first too, I fixed it by changing security to user and then ran
> into the browse problem which I finally figured out yesterday. Let me
> know what happens after those suggestions. Here is part of my smb.conf
> file:
>
> Ryan
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> [global]
>     printcap name = /etc/printcap
>     dns proxy = no
>     netbios name = RyanLinux
>     encrypt passwords = yes
>     writeable = yes
>     max log size = 50
>     smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
>     local master = no
>     preferred master = no
>     os level = 20
>     socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>     password server = None
>     log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>     server string = RyanLinux
>     load printers = yes
>     security = user
>     valid users = ryan,caitlin
>     workgroup = Duff
>
> [homes]
>     comment = Home Directories
>     browseable = no
>     writeable = yes
>
> [printers]
>     comment = All Printers
>     path = /var/spool/samba
>     browseable = no
>     printable = yes
>
> [music]
>     valid users = ryan,caitlin
>     path = /mnt/music
>     create mode = 0777
>     directory mode = 777
>     browseable = yes
>     comment = Music
>     writeable = yes

I am just about to fuckin give up here!!!!

Did you suggested changes.  NO success.   But on top of that, now it
won't let me run smbclient -L localhost.  I get messages like :
    "tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD" or "session setup
failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE".

I have to comment the line "valid users = marst,mastg7" in the global
settings in order to avoid getting these messages.

I am shutting every thing down.  Had enough of that crap.

--
Mario St-Gelais