Postfix-Smarthost authentication help?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Mar 14 00:40:26 UTC 2004

Am So, den 14.03.2004 schrieb WA9ALS - John um 01:13:
> I'm running FC1, Postfix, and using a NAT router.  I just moved the machine
> to a different ISP.  In contrast to the old ISP, the new ISP requires SMTP
> authentication with username and password.
>
> 1.  Is there a place in Postfix where I can enter the authentication info?
> There *IS* a place to enter the smarthost, but I don't see where I can enter
> the auth info.

http://efflandt.freeshell.org/sbc-smtp-auth.html

should clear all open questions about that :)

> 2.  Interestingly, when you run config.pl to setup SquirrelMail, there is a
> place to enter authentication *mode*, e.g. "none", "login" and others, but
> then it doesn't ask for or provide a place to enter username and password.

sorry, I must pass with that

> Can someone please shed some light on these issues?  I don't do my own DNS,
> MX records etc, but I need Postfix to be able to send mail using the
> smarthost.
>
> Thanks - John

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 01:39:17 up 5 days, 1:58, load average: 0.09, 0.14, 0.11
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]