Spam Assassin Speed

J. Scott Amort jsamort at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 14 21:50:59 UTC 2004

Hi All,

After reading through a few threads on Spam Assassin, and given a recent
increase in the amount of spam arriving in my inbox, I thought I would
give it a whirl.  It is, however, terribly slow.  I belong to several
mailing lists, and receive anywhere from 300-500 emails a day.  It seems
to take Spam Assassin 20-30 seconds or so to process each email!  Is
this usual?  I have tried both the spamassassin -e and spamc approaches
to creating an evolution filter, but it made no difference in speed
either way.  Any tips for speeding things up?

Cheers,

Scott

PS I set things up by following the instructions at:

http://www.atlantawebhost.com/articles/evolution_spamassassin.php