Looking for a good Photo Album application

Mark Limburg mlimburg at users.on.net
Mon Mar 15 03:15:00 UTC 2004

Howdy,

My ISP offers the usual webspace (with PHP which is nice) but no
ImageMagick or MySQL, so I'm stuck with making all the modifications to
images on my Linux boxen.  What I'm after is a nice application (like I
used to have when I was running XP) which is able to handle all my
images into albums, plus have the ability to upload these
images/thumbnails to my ISP webspace with a set of customisable
templates.

Searching around, the only thing I can find is Digikam which looks great
but I've been less than successful in getting it to run on my Fedora
setup.

So the question really is ... does anyone know if there are any apt-get
or yum installable versions of this app?  I would prefer a Gnome
solution, but if I have to, I'll use a KDE one ...

Thanks guys .. you rock

.mwl