Looking for a good Photo Album application

Mark Limburg mlimburg at users.on.net
Mon Mar 15 10:02:56 UTC 2004

Howdy,

> > Searching around, the only thing I can find is Digikam which looks great
> > but I've been less than successful in getting it to run on my Fedora
> > setup.
> >
> > So the question really is ... does anyone know if there are any apt-get
> > or yum installable versions of this app?  I would prefer a Gnome
> > solution, but if I have to, I'll use a KDE one ...

> BTW, I did install digikam-0.6 on my Fedora Core 1 laptop this week-end...
>
> I had to start from SRPMS found at
> http://digikam.free.fr/Binaries/0.6/Fedora/
>
> (also, as I had a "minimal=personal workstation" Fedora install, I used
> yum to get some missing *-devel packages needed for the build).

(sigh)

Okay, I grabbed the SRPMS.  Did the install.  Unbzed them.  Moved into
digikam src folder and did a ./configure and it came up ..

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and
libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

Okay, so I apt-get install qt-devel

Same error.

So I put the CDs in and install ALL the kde and kde-devel files in (just
in case).  Try again, and same error.

(groan)

What am I missing ...

.mwl