Qt 1.4

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Mar 15 22:26:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 00:04, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 15.03.2004 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 22:41:
>
> > > O heaven, it hurts so much!
> > >
> > > Chadley, do you know in any way what you are doing?
> > >
> > > Alexander *shaking his head*
> > >
> > Well I am a novice user thats why I subscribed to the user list instead
> > of the devel list.
>
> It is fairly ok to be a novice. I have no problem with beginners and try
> my best to help them out of problems. I am now only a bit astonished
> that you yourself claims to be a novice user while yesterday in your
> other thread "FC1 2 3 RH9 10 MDK 6 7 8 9" you stated "I have been a
> linux user for 5 years and every time its the same story."

I have never needed to do some of the things that I need to do now.
I normally get by and struggle without asking for help this is the best
way to learn so  believe. I now have started learning how to do more to
my box than what is provided in the std distro. I have also never really
had a internet connect or access.
Its new territory for and I have alway used MDK where nearly everything
is done for you.
I was really hoping that there would be a better select of audio apps,
so that I could change my sound box to linux, But shees is it a run
around when you dont know where and what things are?
Also I have never been exposed to the enterprise side of software like
SQL and QT and corporate bussiness and server etc..

I have always been a home user.

I doubt I will become a rocket sceintist but at least I should be able
to install a few tools for my disco business.

Anyway thanks for the help.

> So with 5 years background I would think you would know a little bit
> more about Linux and - speaking about your QT libraries issue - library
> handling, even how RPM works.
>
> I'll go on in next mail ...
>
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
> Sirendipity 22:59:58 up 6 days, 23:19, load average: 0.09, 0.28, 0.19
>                    [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]
>              my life is a planetarium - and you are the stars

Chad