error transferring install image

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Tue Mar 16 03:30:55 UTC 2004

I'm trying to install Fedora Core on a machine and I keep getting, just
before the installation itself starts:
  "An error occurred transferring the install image to your hard drive"

I've tried installing onto two different IDE drives, getting the same
message each time.  It suggests this might be due to a lack of disk
space, but I'm doing a minimal install onto a four gigabyte partition,
so that shouldn't be an issue.  Any ideas?

The only unusual thing about the install is that I'm using "linux
noprobe", as loading the SCSI module was hanging the installer.

Danny.
  http://dannyreviews.com/ - over seven hundred book reviews
  http://danny.oz.au/ -  civil liberties, travel tales, blog