php not starting on apache server (fecora core 1)

Marco Bascietto bask at unitus.it
Tue Mar 16 09:39:30 UTC 2004

Hello,

>A few suggestions for httpd.conf
>
>Make sure index.php is in the list of possible starting pages:
>
>   DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm default.htm index.php
>
>and php is a known application type:
>
>   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3

Thank you for your answer,

unfortunately, my php.conf file already holds both lines:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3
DirectoryIndex index.php

as well as:
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

A few more thoughts. When testing whether apache is correctly listening
to port 80, I ask for http://localhost, Apache access log correctly
records the transfer of data from server to client.
When feeding the web browser with a simple file such as:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
<head></head>

the log file does not record anything, meaning that no transfer is
carried out. Is this correct or not?

--
marco