Unable to Build Kernel

Joe Dumais jjejdumais at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 00:25:36 UTC 2004

Thanks for the response, Jim.

One point of clarification.  I am trying to build in NFS (networked
shared file system), not
NTFS .

The initrd image was rebuilt during the kernel make and install process.
 I'm guessing that
my having to edit the sched.c file to get it to make probably caused a
build of a bad kernel (i.e.,
my edited changes were sufficient to get a compile and link, but may be
functionally woeful).
My concern is that the file did not "compile" on its own in the make
process. I followed the
make instructions (e.g., make config, make depend, make bzImage, make
install, etc.).
Whatever is occurring would seem to be beyond my superficial control
(e.g., incompatibility
of the gcc32 version with the kernel code?).