Plans for DVD-ROM image?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Mar 17 05:20:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Scott Burns wrote:

> Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>

> >It takes a silly long time to download a dvd iso over your average home
> >broadband connection.
> >

> How exactly does it take longer than downloading the ISOs?

I need three of the six isos currently to do a reasonable installation.

It would follow that that's ~1.8GB instead of the ~3gb that it would be
if the srpms were on the same disk.

What I'd really like to see is a more robust ftp/http install that can
take advantage of multiple mirrors instead of stalling or failing if the
server you're using slows down, fails, has a corrupt or missing file etc.
on the network our mirror is connected to, http installs are typically
faster than local media.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu